Desert Island Choices
Duration : 10-15 minutes Max. Objective : To get participants to offer their opinions, encourage listening and to promote discussion in the group. Instructions : Pair participants in groups of 4-6 people. Ask participants of the training event to individually pick three things that they would bring with them if they were going to be marooned on a desert island. Then discuss at their table Have a list of things they can choose from:
- Books (great escapes may help)
- Tools (Boat building!)
- 1 bottle of water
- 2 days’ worth of food
- How can this exercise help us during today’s training event?
- Why did you choose the items you did?
- What do your choices tell you about yourself? Please explain your answer.
- What do others choices tell you about them? Please explain your answer.
- Having heard what others would bring, is there anything else that you would bring with you?
- Did their group decide collectively on 3 things?