Duration : 5 Minutes Objective : To help participants to re-focus during a training session Resources Needed :
- Flip Chart
- Large Prepared Display Card
- Ask for a volunteer to assist you.
- Explain that you are going to foretell the results of an arithmetic exercise by virtue of ESP.
- Position yourself where you CANNOT see what the person is going to write on the flip chart.
- Ask the volunteer to write any three digit number at the top of the chart. Stress that the number MUST NOT be a mirror image (e.g. 323).
- Tell them to reverse the number and subtract the lower number from the higher. Example: 821 -128 693
- Ask them if the result of the subtraction is a two digit number; if so tell them to add a zero in front of it.
- Tell them to reverse this number and add it to the preceding product. 693 +396 1089 Note : This calculation will ALWAYS result in the answer 1089.